Blog Post 1
As teachers, we must make sure that students leave school
with mastery of the content and knowing the information that will be able to
help them in the future. Technology allows
teachers to be more interactive in their presentation of materials, as well as
more concise so it becomes a necessity to be technologically literate. It also allows teachers to communicate with
students and other teachers quicker and more effectively than traditional
methods as technology continues to improve. Students are influenced to use technology
because it can solidify what they are learning in the classroom and helps
develop critical thinking skills further than traditional methods. It can better accommodate the different
learning styles of students than a teacher trying to individualize traditional teaching
methods.
In the ISTE standards, the one standard that stood out to me
is the Learner for teachers. Teachers have
keep learning every day to adapt to the changing technological landscape and
address changes to be able to teach their students about these changes. I am always learning new things about the
technology available to me and being able to learn more will aid me when I have
to teach the changes to students and help them understand. The standard outside my skillset is the
Designer standard. I believe I can
create effective plans, but to utilize the technology to its most useful
ability will be a challenge. I may have
grown up in the age of technology, but I still learned in very traditional
methods for many classes and that will
lead to a challenge for me as a future educator.
Digital native is not necessarily the best label for today’s
youth, but it is an accurate description of them. Being a digital native means being raised
around technology and being knowledgeable and able to adapt to its
ever-changing environment. I have more
of a command of the technology than many of the teacher I have had in the past
because I grew up around it and they had to learn and adapt in adulthood when
it was just beginning (digital immigrants).
It leaves a little bit of gap in some technology and causes students to
sometimes help the teachers use the technology and troubleshoot some of the issues
they may not understand. In the future,
as a digital native, I believe that I will be more adapted to the changing
technology landscape, but will sometimes come across as digital immigrant
because I will not always be able to keep up with the evolving trends like my
students will.
Comments
Post a Comment