Blog Post 3
I feel comfortable with many of the ELA technology standards
presented in our reading. Many of the
standards deal with utilizing multiple sources of technology, like several
media sources to differentiate between viewpoints of various sources online and
integrating charts, graphs, images, and videos to further emphasize specific
lessons that are being taught. Even knowing
which sources are verified and trustworthy is a skill I am familiar with myself
as a student and I believe that I could easily pass along my knowledge on such
topics and teach using the many methods that involve technology in the ELA
standards. With technology, I feel that I
could create well thought out lesson plans utilizing the many standards put
forward for teachers currently.
I would like to be to use discussion boards online with high
school age students for them to be able to share their thoughts on texts prior
to class time and provide topics from these discussion boards. I want them to be able to share their
thoughts on a piece in a way that is perhaps more comfortable for some students
than just putting them out there in front of the whole class during class time. This way, they can also provide research on
the texts with links and websites so others can see what is being discussed and
how it is relevant to their point of view.
It allows them to use their digital citizenship responsibly. They will be contributing positively to the
class and the discussion in way that is more up to date than a plain in-class
discussion on a topic with no access to outside sources to bolster their point.
A new skill I learned while making the Newsletter Design assignment
was making and adjusting the shaded areas and banners I made for the
letter. I have made shapes and such
before for some projects, but text was never an issue in them, which proved a
challenge in this project. I could definitely
have made it cleaner, with the text a bit more evenly distributed, but for a
first try, it looks well done. When I have
to make such a flyer in the future, I will be better prepared for it and have a
grasp on how to make it visually pleasing as well as informative to parents and
students.

Comments
Post a Comment