Blog Post 7

   Twitter has been a pretty normal experience for me.  I had a Twitter before this class, but I didn’t use it very often and I still don’t use it frequently.  Twitter itself hasn’t taught me anything new, but one of the challenges for this class is keeping up with it.  I’m not a frequent social media user, so having to pot on Twitter is more of a test than it might be for someone who uses social media platforms regularly.  It would be a great way to disburse information quickly, such as due date changes and plans for the next day as a teacher, but overall, I don’t believe that I would use Twitter in the classroom.
   Making a class website is definitely something new for me.  I have used WordPress to create a web page before, but this is different on many levels. Next time, I will NOT use weebly.  Weebly was confusing to me and didn’t seem to be laptop friendly.  Creating the calendar was the most challenging because the instructions link wasn’t very helpful and showed things that werent available on Google calendar or weebly.  Next time I will use Wix or WordPress to create a class page and it will appear cleaner, in my opinion, than the weebly site.

   Diigo is a great program for classroom use.  I use it to annotate articles for my current classes and it essentially bookmarks the article for me so I don’t have to go digging through the internet to find again.  It is simply saved with my annotations on the website in my library.  Students can collaborate outside of the classroom for class readings and help each other understand prior to class discussions, leaving more time to work through other activities with the piece.

Comments

Popular Posts